There are two types of AOD furnace bottom shape to choose: Dish and flat base.
Flat base furnace bottom is easy to be constructed, and it needs less refractory brick types than dish furnace bottom, so the flat base furnace bottom is very widely used in
Dish furnace bottom needs more types of refractory brick than flat base furnace, and it costs more time to be made than the flat base one, while it has two important advantages as follows.
1. The dish furnace bottom is designed according to furnace casing size and spherical radius of furnace bottom shell, thus finally improving the quality of ton loading by increasing the furnace bottom volume.
2. The structure of dish furnace bottom will keep the original shape even after most of the bottom refractory bricks have been worn down.
For more knowledge about refractory AOD furnace design, go to the Industry News in www.yilongrefractory.com
Among all kinds of refractory furnace, for the design of AOD molten pool, it is better to choose flat molten pool. The flat kind has been proved to be the best one according to the past experience.
One special feature of the flat molten pool is that its furnace bottom conic section is short and its ratio of molten pool diameter to height is big, D/H is not less than 2.2, while in conventional AOD design, D/H is always no more than 2. It is also proved that relatively flatter molten pool has great effect on metallurgical properties of the furnace, especially for its decarbonization function. What’s more, it has the following four refractory advantages for using flat molten pool.
1. It can reduce CO partial pressure in bubble surface, speed up decarbonization and improve the efficiency by 15%.
2. Shorter blowing and converting time.
3. Lessen consumption of reductive silicon.
4. Lower refractories cost due to no backpack.
Refractory With the gradual implementation of the national environmental protection policy, the original domestic coal-fired kiln in the...
Refractory castable . A kind of granular and powdered material made of adding a certain amount of binder by refractory material .It ha...
Refractory materials Coke oven is the technical equipment of coking plant, is a complex and continuous production of thermal equipment, ...
converter refractory Factors that affect converter life: 1. Composition of slag. For every 1% increase in iron oxide, the service life...