Made from chromite sand and additives, chrome nozzle filler sand has the advantages of high specific gravity, good fluidity, high melting point, not excessively sintered, etc. When the added chromite sand is over 60%, chromite will be in continuous distribution, which can help forming continuous sintered layers.
Under high temperature, the FeO in chromite sand will react and dehydrate, producing quadratic spinel, then the volume of sintered layer will change and crack, when the slide gate plate is opened, the unsintered nozzle filler sand in the lower part of nozzle will flow out very fast, the cracks in the sintered layer will expand, due to the static pressure of molten steel, the sintered layer will be totally broken. All the above steps finally lead to automatic opening.
Following the clay and high alumina brick, tundish insulation board, tundish coating, dry vibration mix is the fourth working lining materials for tundish. Following compare shows why dry vibration mix could replace the insulation board successfully.
Insulation board, which is mainly used in cold tundish (one without baking before being used), it devotes much for us in energy saving and heat insulation. But, due to its fatal disadvantage, it is being eliminated quickly.
1. Bonded with many agent, insulation board add silica and hydrogen under high temperature in steel liquid, reduce its purity, produce harmful gas to hurt worker’s health. VS: Dry vibration mix is bonded without carbon, produce no sharp aroma, and greatly reduce avoid the pollution for steel liquid and environment.
2. Short using life (for common steel, only 8 Hrs, for Mn-alloy steel, only 4hrs). VS: dry vibration mix usual using life: 24 hrs min, when worked with the fast exchange nozzle, it could reach average using life 45hrs.
3. Easy to be broken during transportation, once one piece is broken, the whole set will can’t be work. VS: dry vibration is premixed and packaged in waterproof jumbo, applicable for ship, truck, train, air, etc long way transportation.
4. Low corrosion resistance, easy to make tundish become leakage. VS: dry vibration mix is made by ramming, dense and stable, after sintering, form a protect layer with tundish backing layer, could improve tundish using life and reduce spare tundish number.
Therefore, should you want to improve your tundish life, please do not hesitate to try Changxing Refractory dry vibration mix, 24 hrs using life is waiting for you.
As the Chinese New Year has passed, the 9 days holiday of Changxing Refractory is also over. If you have contacted us during this holiday, hope you were satisfied with our reply.
From February 15 Changxing Refractory is officially back and continues to solve all kinds of refractory technique questions for you. So if you have any technical problems, please do not hesitate to tell us. We are ready, and you?
EAF (Electric Arc Furnace) is mainly used for steelmaking with steel scrap as the main raw material. According to power types, EAF can be mainly divided into DC EAF and AC.
Same as other high temperature induction furnaces, refractory materials are widely used for EAF. EAF refractory materials are mainly as follows.
1. DC EAF
Magnesia, magnesium carbon, magnesium aluminum and magnesium chrome refractories are widely used in DC EAF. Non-carbon alkaline bricks are widely used in Europe; while in Japan, thermal shock resistance is thought as a great question, so they prefer using magnesium carbon bricks with high carbon content. In order to improve thermal shock resistance and corrosion resistance of metallurgical equipment, magnesia spinel materials and magnesia-chrome brick are widely used in Europe.
2. AC EAF
For small AC EAF, asphalt brick, magnesium carbon brick, magnesia gun mix are widely used at furnace wall. For ultra-high power electric AC EAF, high-quality magnesium carbon brick would be used for furnace wall, while for slag line, higher performance high-magnesium carbon brick would be needed. Out of magnesia carbon bricks, magnesia gun mix would be used to repair furnace wall during working.
We Changxing Refractory Material Co., LTD are a professional manufacturer and supplier of refractory materials for about 40 years. Our high quality magnesia carbon bricks are selling well in many countries say South Africa, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc. Shall any interests, welcome to contact us! Our team will do the best to be your reliable partner!
Runner castable is a kind of special castable which can flow without vibration and deaerate. When constructing, the product only needs a little water and can be poured into any shape without vibration.
Runner castable is made from low cement castable and super-low cement castable, which is made from refractory aggregate, powder and high effective dispersing agent. When manufactured the runner castable, the most important thing is how to control size and quantity of powder, and how to mix with dispersing agent. Only with reasonable proportioning, and runner castable can flow by itself.
Compared with common castable, the runner castable hold following advantages
1. The runner castable can run without vibration with the help of deadweight.
2. Can run to every depart, especially where common castable cannot reach.
3. Can reflect the best performance of castable.
4. Reducing constructing time and save labour force.
5. Decreasing noise as more as possible.
Without outstanding advantages, and application of runner castable is very wide, which can be widely applied for tundish, EAF triangular area, molten steel taping hole, heating furnace, blast furnace iron runner, iron casting induction furnace and so on.
refractory materials Common types of ladle refractories: (1) Clay refractory brick , clay brick A12O3 content is generally between 30% ...
Refractory castable . A kind of granular and powdered material made of adding a certain amount of binder by refractory material .It ha...
Refractory materials Blast furnace refractories : The development of blast furnace ceramic cups is becoming more and more common, but t...
converter refractory Factors that affect converter life: 1. Composition of slag. For every 1% increase in iron oxide, the service life...